Wednesday 23 January 2013

New Year, New Gear!

I seriously debated purchasing this shirt since the pattern wasn't something that I instantly loved and I had major doubts about whether I would actually end up ever wearing it... Low and behold it has become a major staple in my wardrobe - I love the fit, the feel, the length, the pockets and yes, even though funny flowers are growing on me!
Thrift tip to remember: Leave your doubts at the door!

 Thrift store items are often so affordable that even if you can't decide in the aisle how you'd style something, pick it up anyway. Embrace the funkiness and let practicality be an afterthought ~ 
Silk Blouse // $5.99
Thrifted from: Value Village

Simply swooned over these super soft and incredibly chic gloves! Only $1.99!
Thrifted from: Talize

 Short sleeve sweater // $4.99
Thrifted from: Value Village

 It's hard to capture how truly beautiful this blazer is with so few photos (so sorry) but I allow me to  show off the best feature - the fabric! Black wool woven with shiny black and silver tread, this is my kind of tweed! This was one of those "cha-ching" moments when you can't help but wonder how it ever made it into someone's donation bag :)

Blazer // $14.99
Thrifted from: Talize

 I promised myself that I would never purchase another beige sweater since I have more nude knits in my closet than any person should seriously be allowed to own...

Alas, I could resist swopping up this barely-there knitted sweater. When you already own too many, what's one more :)                                                                                              
Sweater // $4.99 & 50% off sale             
 Thrifted from: Talize                               
May many exciting thrifting adventures await you (and your wardrobe) too this year!
Thanks for visiting ~ much love

No comments:

Post a Comment