Sunday 9 September 2012

Once Upon A Thrift


One's trash is another's treasure! 

An old saying, with a relevant meaning. Now a days, the tried and true expression may just have more relevance than ever before... given today's tough economy, getting more bang for your buck just makes plain "cents"! Sure, you can cut coupons or spend your days pinching pennies, but the real answer lies tucked away in an old attic or vintage storefront, just waiting to be discovered!

Let me start by saying that being a student has two sides to it! On the one hand, it's often a life changing experience that allows room for personal and professional growth and opens many windows of opportunity! Sounds perfect, right? Until the dreadful reality of watching your bank account slowly wither away sets in! Alas, nothing great can be achieved without unwarranted sacrifice. With that in mind I was willing to make some compromises in order to afford to shoot for the stars, but com'on now... could things such as my wardrobe really afford to suffer?? This type of dilemma called for some immediate action!

Several months ago in search of a solution to help me to balance my budget, while continuing to fuel my passion for all things fashion, I stumbled in the wonderful world of thrifting! Now I know what some of you are thinking... or should I say picturing! Erase that image of a dingy, musk-smelling black hole from your mind right now - thrift stores have come a long way! How might you ask can a girl easily go from designer duds and expensive accessories to adopting second-hand style? Simple. All it takes is a little patience and a good eye! 

I created this blog for fashionistas and bargain-hunters alike & as a way for me to showcase all of the special treasures that I find on my adventures. I hope this blog will inspire people just like yourself to get out there and explore... you never know what you'll find until you look! You never know how much you're paying until you realize what you've saved! 

All the world needs is more peace, love and people who live to thrift :) Enjoy your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment