Monday 24 December 2012

Tis' the Season!

Happy Holidays!!

This time of the year is always my favourite! Although I'm a big fan of warm weather and swimming pools, I just can't help but get wrapped up in all the festive cheer and holly jolly Christmas tunes!

One of the best things about the winter season is all the cozy, oversized layers that this weather calls for! This time of the year, thrift stores are busting at the seams with season-friendly sweaters in every size and shade imaginable! 
Even though many of us drop by these thrifty locations in search of the classic "ugly" Christmas sweater to dawn to this year's holiday bash... Hidden among these tacky fashion atrocities are some super cute, ultra comfy knits that will keep you comfy and chic this season! 

My thrifting adventure this week was dedicated to strictly picking up last minute items to wrap up my Christmas shopping, like Christmas tins for homemade treats & old stockings to wrap up wine bottles. However, my addiction to all things knit is what lead me get sidetracked and before I knew it I was browsing through the seasonal sweater rack, where I found these two groovy pieces! 
 You can never have to many beige sweaters! I loved the pattern down the front on this sweater and I loved how it was carried halfway down the sleeves as well. Considering the sweater is two sizes too big, it is surprisingly fitted and looks fabulous of a good pair of skinny jeans!

I don't have many items in my closet that are red and I definitely do not own anything with snowflakes on it! Two good reasons to justify the purchase of this sweater! Plus it is not every day that you thrift white sweaters that are still white!
Knit Sweater // $3.99 - 5.99
Thrifted from: Talize

Drop by your local thrift shop and take a look at the large assortment of Christmas sweaters! If the last thing you need in your winter wardrobe is another sweater - grab a few that you never wear and consider donating them! 

Tis' the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment